Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Salt Lake City Police K-9 - "Kip"

While serving as a police officer for the Salt Lake City Police Department I had the opportunity to be assigned to the K-9 Unit. My partner was Kip, a beautiful, male German Shepherd about 4 years old. He was able to live at home with us and became a trusted member of our family We worked the shift from 7:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m., five days a week. Our normal area we worked in was the downtown business area of Salt Lake City.

We became a real team and I always felt very secure in my duties as a police officer when I had Kip with me. He was always alert and ready for any situation we might run into. Other assignments included building searches, crowd control, assisting other officers when needed to effect an arrest of someone. I worked with Kip for three years and was then transfered to another assignment. Kip was assigned to another officer to continue his service with the K-9 Corp.

1 comment:

SavvyGirl said...

Yeah a posting from Dad! I love it and love reading your stories!